GenghisCon is not responsible for the loss or damage to personal items at the venue, events or other related activities.
The Crafters' Challenge competition is on Saturday afternoon, 22 January 2022.
Contest time 2pm - 6pm.
If you finish before then, you can hand your piece in early, but tools down at 6pm !
Entries in Advance!
- You get one large folding table, and can bring as many tools and supplies as you like, that you can fit on, under, around or behind that. BYO wheely craft caddies are fine, we just can't have a fire/trip hazard of six foot piles of "stuff (tm)" by each table.
- At the beginning, a cloth is lifted off the 'mystery items'; you must take a share of said mystery items, and include them in your build!
In the past we have had sewing machines, glue guns, drills, dremmels, all kinds of jewelry things, blacksmith tools, even an anvil!
- You MUST BYO sufficient drop cloths, table cloths and plastic floor sheets, depending with what it is you are creating. Anything liquid = plastic table cloth.
A floor tarp for paint, and at least a $2 reject shop plastic table cloth taped on the floor under infront of you for glue workers.
Let's protect our venue!
- If you want to bring something preformed to work over or on, please run it past me, it wont be judged, for (extreme) example bringing a preformed cast head but sewing the fur for over it, (or whole fur suit). Only the work you do in the Crafters Challenge will be adjudicated.
- As the Craft Challenge Mistress this year I'm both chief adjudicator and safety advisor. As part of the latter I am preemptively ruling:
- NO, on glitter, ahead of time!
- NO large paint amounts, beyond miniature bottles you can duct tape down.
However you Can take something outside into the carpark grass with a rug, for a quick spray, if absolutely necessary.
- AEROSOLS are toxic to my Assistance Animal as well as bad for carpet.
NO aerosols to be used in The Crafters Challenge workshop room.
- If in doubt of ANYTHING please ask me, I can check ahead with our lovely venue Manager! When they and staff stick their heads in we need them seeing how careful we are being of their venue, so this doesn't get banned in future years. A big show of cloths doesn't take much on our account, but makes sure all crafters are welcomed back!
As you might expect, everyone is expected to help clean up.
- The prize is a mystery prize, plus cash, and bragging rights as the winner of GenghisCon Crafters Challenge 2023 !
- Usually items made in the Crafters' Challenge are gifted to the Auction, which is held late on Sunday. 100% of Auction proceeds pay for holding GenghisCon next year, in order to continue to remain Australia's most affordable Scifi Fantasy Convention ! However, 50% cut of final sale price can go back to crafter in order to help more people be able to compete.
GenghisCon Auction also accepts donations in theme scifi/fantasy any items inc plushies, and occasional new other items or gift cards donated.
- To register for the Crafters' Challenge, and reserve your table, please MESSENGER EMAIL ME DIRECTLY to Enter and acknowledge you understand the rules!
Excited to see you all on Sat 21 Jan! Crafting together is always a whole lot of fun!
Dr Alicia Manolas & Tiberius